CONCRETE CANCER REPAIRS
Moisture, water ingress and penetration to concrete can cause reinforcement steel within the concrete to rust. As the steel rusts, it expands and forces concrete to break away or spall. The spalled/damaged concrete can be repaired, by treating or replacing the rusty steel and then rebuilding the concrete areas with appropriate Modified Repair Mortars. A protective coating can then be applied to prevent moisture and water ingress.
R&N Building Services specialises in the treatment and repair of concrete cancer and application of preventative coatings. R&N’s knowledge and experience in this specialised repair work ensures that the treatment and repair process is carried out with approved procedures and with appropriate materials.
- Removal of spalled/damaged areas in a safe and clean manner
- Cleaning and preparation of areas to an approved standard
- Treatment or replacement of reinforcement steel to an approved standard and with appropriate materials
- Rebuilding of areas to an approved standard with appropriate Modified Repair Mortars
- Application of farring and/or texture coats to repaired areas to blend in with existing finishes, (if required)
- Application of remedial and new coatings to prevent moisture/water ingress. Polyurethane or acrylic coatings can be applied with decorative or industrial finishes